Thos three last weeks where very productives. The 8.2 beta-4 NuTyX is the last beta before the first release candidate of 8.2 version of NuTyX.
A new 64bits MINI ISO is available for this new version. The size is 216M.
Remember to check the MD5 checksum before transferring to USB, CD-RW or DVD-RW.
The size of the ISO has been reduced about 20%. The init script have been completly rewrite.
Once the partitions created, the installer warns you if you forgot to reserv an swap partion. You are free to create one, if that is the case, it will be automatically added to the /etc/fstab file. The user don't need to care about formating the swap(s) partition(s), the installer will do it automatically.
The order of the actions in the main menu is review. It follow's the natural order of actions to be execute. The file system is now recommended. The installer recommend btrfs or ext4 as files systeme.
Once installed, the configurator prompts you to add a user, if you have decided to activate the root account, a new password will be ask. The configurator will insist on creating a user. This is not a bug.
Russian locale have been added.
Cards is now able to use alias, it means that a package can be named with a synonym. Example the xorg-mesa package can be call mesa or even Mesa.
The kernel configuration have been review again. It's contains now the NVIDIA , the virtualbox and the broadcom modules. If you did choose btrfs or ext4 as files system, you won't need an initrd anymore.
As promised, the gcc 6.2.0 compiler was release about a week ago. All the packages are recompiled on the new glibc 2.25, binutils 2.27 and gcc 6.2.0 toolchain to assure a top stability as usual.
All the installations et remove actions of packages are now track into the /var/log/install log file.
cards store the name of the groups and the available locale as well, alias are stored as well in the data base.
The install-nutyx-8.2-beta-4 bash script allows you to install NuTyX 8.2-beta-4 from your 8.1 stable NuTyX or from any other distribution.
If no major issue found, the next RC1 version should be available by end of September.